A recipe that’s so EASY to make you’ll be wondering why you haven’t done it before! Rice is a staple for many Filipinos, and this recipe is an easy and delicious way to spice up a household staple.
1 C Steamed rice
1 T Milagros Filipino Home Cooking NO MSG Bagoong (sweet or regular)
1 T Sweet soy sauce
½ t Ground pepper
3 T Oil
¼ pc Mango, semi ripe (shredded))
1 pc Scrambled egg, sliced (cooked like a crepe)
1 T Long beans (sliced)
1.5 T Red onion (slice)
1 t Dried shrimp (hibe), fried and ground
2 T Sweet pork (recipe below)
1. In a bowl, combine rice, bagoong, oyster sauce, and white pepper. Mix well.
2. In a pan, heat oil and stir fry shrimp until done. Set aside shrimp. In the same pan, stir fry rice mixture until heated through.
3. To serve, place rice on serving plate with condiments. Mix well.
Sweet Pork for Bagoong Rice
100 g Pork shoulder (kasim), sliced into 1-inch strips
1 T Oil
2 T Onions, chopped
2 T Patis
1 T Vinegar
¼ C Muscovado sugar or Panutsa
- In a frying pan, heat oil and sauté onions until soft.
- Add sliced pork and sauté for 1 minute. Add fish sauce and vinegar; let sit for 10 seconds.
- Mix well and continue cooking until liquid reduces by half.
- Add muscovado sugar and cook until sugar melts and coats the pork. Set aside.
Try it out and share us photos of your creations on IG (#milagroshomecooking) and don’t forget to tag us (@MilagrosFHC) ! Happy cooking!